Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a empire p-160 pressure blaster. It has surface rust and no hoses or valve. I know it is pretty old, but I bought it because it is very heavy duty metal vs todays more flimsy metal. I just dont want to put in more money and time than its worth. Dump it, or renovate?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
How bad is the rust on that tank? you must take into account that it will have to hold around 90 PSI and if it is badly rusted could be very dangerous, fortunately these things tend to be heavy gauge however and, unlike a compressor tank, you can see inside it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blaster is in good shape, as far as rust goes. It is very heavy guage steel, and only surface rust as far as i can see.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
jsm1847 said:
The blaster is in good shape, as far as rust goes. It is very heavy guage steel, and only surface rust as far as i can see.

In that case it sounds as if some new hose and valves are in order! :) Eastwood or Northern tool should have anything you need to rebuild this thing (Northern probably has the best prices).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill post some pics in the gallery, i guess. I cant seem to add them to these posts. I am having a little bit of trouble navigating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.