Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you know how I feel, You see I have this in my blood and sometimes it makes you do things that you regret. I just bought a 5 liter SBC (1988) as it was carburated I didnt realize that it is a computer controlled engine. Now the wires were cut and I have no computer so I want to have it run without the computer. My questions are what does it take to get this done on the cheap. Will the distributor and carburator work without the computor or am I going to have to buy new ones? If so will an eariler model distributor and carb. work?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Well I don't know what all you have but to start off with for ignition a non computer type HEI distributor would be a start but if your transmission has computer controlls on it then you will need more then just that to start off with. Just as the guy stated earlier give more info what tranny are you going to use with the motor etc.
Eric

·
Saitek5678
94 Posts
saitek5678

what are you trying to do? year, make, model? are you tryin to put a engine in? If so use all the outer parts from your old engine and bolt them on to the new one, intake, exhaust, all of it , All you need from the new engine is the basic long block. GOOD GOD MAN!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.