Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
two cups of tea
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went out&got me a good buffer&I'm not sure how the heck to do this I have a few panels I sprayed just to practice cutting&polishing.Now after I wet sand what compound can I use.I live in the boonies so not much more than a orileys here.Also I should be using the wool bonnets right?Please help!

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
If you have cut the clear with progressivly less paper (1000-1500-2000 then 2500 grit) then use a buffer and some less than aggresive buffing compound. I prefer not using a wool pad as they are far too aggresive for a novice to use. The foam buffing pads are much more forgiving and give just as good or better results than wool pads IMO.

Vince

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
What you have to do to utilize the advantage of wool while doing swirl free work is just compound it with a foam pad too. Same with super cut compound. I don't use it but when I did I just went after with a less aggressive compound. It's just trading marks and getting less aggressive as you go so with that said, a wool can't do you no wrong unless the technique isn't right.

Going by some people's beliefs on wool around here...
wouldn't the sand scratch itself be a no-no too then, being a wool pad swirl is far less aggressive then the scratch to begin with?

With all that said, we have our own ways to get the job done and nobody is wrong as long it's within reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.