Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a rebuilt motor from a friend and noticed the cam is probably incorrect for the intake manifold being used its a 360 hp b300 motor origanally with trw flat top pistons arp rod bolts and crane cam H-272-2 using 1.5 rockers he put on a edelbrock victor manifold which i like but probably wont function right with this cam so id like to get the cam matched to the intake but stumped on either going with 1.6 ratio rockers or just bumping up to a to a larger cam i do plan on running a large 150 200 shot of nitrous 2 stage id like to run a streetable stall converter and i have stock 3.91 rear gears not sure exactly carb choices i have a carter 650 cfm a 600 cfm edelbrock and 850 double pumper holly also comp ratio is stock 8.1 or so i cant find the specs right now but know its stock i port matched the heads to intake and polished the runners also comb chamber and he had bowl work done the valves are stock 1.84 1.60 diamater. plz help before i put it in the car

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
legionlleh said:
i recently bought a rebuilt motor from a friend and noticed the cam is probably incorrect for the intake manifold being used its a 360 hp b300 motor origanally with trw flat top pistons arp rod bolts and crane cam H-272-2 using 1.5 rockers he put on a edelbrock victor manifold which i like but probably wont function right with this cam so id like to get the cam matched to the intake but stumped on either going with 1.6 ratio rockers or just bumping up to a to a larger cam i do plan on running a large 150 200 shot of nitrous 2 stage id like to run a streetable stall converter and i have stock 3.91 rear gears not sure exactly carb choices i have a carter 650 cfm a 600 cfm edelbrock and 850 double pumper holly also comp ratio is stock 8.1 or so i cant find the specs right now but know its stock i port matched the heads to intake and polished the runners also comb chamber and he had bowl work done the valves are stock 1.84 1.60 diamater. plz help before i put it in the car

Waaaaay too low compression for much of anything besides blower or nitrous.

That Victor intake and cam are grossly mismatched that low 8/1 compression 360. It will be soggy below 2500 rpm. More cam is not the answer.

Port matching a 360 Mopar is the wrong thing to do unless the manifold was bigger than the head hole (Victor was bigger). The restiction is at the very narrow pushrod pinch which cannot be opened up. If the intake were smaller than the head, leave it alone don't port match. It helps power, believe it or not. Any port matching done on the head should have been very steep like 45* angle bevel. Sounds ridiculous, but it stirs the fuel mixture to assist atomizaton of the fuel droplets. It works. Remember the restriction is the immovable pushrod pinch.

You're going to need about 2800 actual stall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so should i just keep its current set up and run a higher stall converter or match the cam to intake im going to run a large shot of nitrous so i believe the compression is right enough for nitrous im just alittle lost now on what i should do should i just grab a dif intake and ill have mismatched ports or just grab a dif set of heads and try again along with a intake manifold also i cant seem to find anything but flat top pistons for my 360 so i would have to mill the heads down or go to a aftermarket head like edelbrock or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts