Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok its a 70 nova with front disc breaks, new coil springs and leaf springs. the conversion was done by the previous owner, the passenger side rear sits about 1" higher than the driver side and the front passenger side sits well over 1 5/8" inches higher. i have'nt pulled the coil yet to make sure its seated properly but assuming it is what next? i measured the lower arms from the ground up to the closet point and compared, the drivers side is just over 5/8" lower than the passenger side. i have had no problems with cut springs in the past so if i cant figure this out im considering cutting 1 full coil to level her out. im sure once the front comes down the back will follow. any thoughts??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have checked them all, all brand new and seam to be correct, there isnt a sway bar, im wondering if the frame is just bent? its like it was a track car or something?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Check the casting numbers on the spindles,they should be the same except some of then have a L & R for what side they go on and some dont.Another thing to look at is the size of the gap between the bottom a-arm an the bottom part of the spindle where the ball joint is,it should be the same.Look at the upper a-arm gap to.Why I say this is because on my Camaro after I compleatly replaced all ball joints,bushings,springs and new tube upper a-arms their was 1 in. differance between each side,their were two differant spindles on it.I bought new bearings an they went on fine on one side and the other side no go.And I couldnt figure out why the gap between the lower a-arm and the spindle was differant from the other side.This is just a quick look an see,might save you from a big F-ING problem like I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.