Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good cleaners to take off hard water spots? Ive never owned a black vehicle before and Ill never wash with the hose again! Also what is the best method to wash with so this wont happen again? I use turtle wax car wash. Thanks BF

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I'm sure some other guys will chime in on this, but I used to have a Watercraft Dealership (with other stuff)-they used to offer a product designed to stop water spotting on Jet Ski's-it worked like a charm, but I can't think of the name of it-check out your local Boat or Jet Ski Dealers-

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Griots also sell an adapter that fits on your hose that when you rinse will prevent spots.

If you have a buffer I would get some Mequiars glaze and just give it the once over. But you could clay it, then buff it out.

Check this site http://www.autopia.org/ these guys will have an answer to your detailing woes.

Kevin

·
Registered
75 Posts
water spots

The best thing to do if you absolutely need to (and not just hose it off ), wash a black paint job is use large ammounts of water and a wool mitt , NOT A SPONGE, or DISHWASHER SOAPS, and keep it very clean, and use your high powered leaf blower to BLOW IT DRY...But you still need to wax very regular to maintain the BLACK paint jobs high luster...but you need to start with a buff job, IF you have enough paint to work with..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with the guys above. Wheel that sucker out with a good polishing compound, then keep it waxed and dry it off in the shade.

If you don't know how to use a buffing wheel, don't worry. Just go for it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
tab said:
I agree with the guys above. Wheel that sucker out with a good polishing compound, then keep it waxed and dry it off in the shade.

If you don't know how to use a buffing wheel, don't worry. Just go for it.
If you "just go for it" and dont know what you are doing,you will buying a new paint job,or at the very least be paying someone to re buff it.JMO

EVILONE :evil:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,329 Posts
What do you do now? A clay bar!! I once had a black truck with a nice cut and buffed bc/cc job on it and it had some terrible water spots. I was amazed at how the "Correction clay" took them RIGHT OFF with no maring of the finish what so ever.

I would that way before I took some buffer or something to it.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts