Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 57 Chevy 2 dr Sedan with original leaf spring suspension. I have recently upgraded my engine to a 383 stroker. I love the engine, however the torque it has seems to wrap the axle up to where they car squats at the rear and it squats more on the passenger side. I would like to make something to fix this problem. I have thought of putting a 4link on it, but it seems that 4links are for coil spring suspensions, or am I mistaken. If that is the case I can build a 4link easily enough. I used to have those make shift traction bars that mount to the leaf springs but I hate the way those look and would prefer something that performs a lot better. I haven't done a lot of research about the different ways of keeping the axle from torqing up. I don't drive the car very much, but when I do it drives me crazy and I am certain it is not good for the u-joints and the rest of the suspension parts. Anyway, anything will be helpful. Thank You.

Brad

·
Registered
17 Posts
leaf springs

install a ladder bar and remove the pin on the springs and make it a slider, no more wind up and no more wheel hop., easiest way to hook it up , 50/50 shocks work best.
Zipper

1 - 2 of 2 Posts