Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
What are the specs? I would be typing the answer not asking another question IF you would've provided the details of the cam from the get-go.

Just so you know (not that I think you should care)- this is a pet peeve of mine. My reasoning is, if I wanted an answer asap, I would give enough info to make that possible w/o having the provider look up part numbers for info that I already have or could get. :mwink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cobalt327 said:
OK- I'm gonna guess hydraulic roller, also guessing SBC and OEM weight components (valves, p-rods, lifters, keepers, etc.).

You are looking at something in the area of 130 lbs. on the seat and 350 lbs. or so open- this could be less, being the lift isn't much, nor the ramps too aggressive, or more- if you are going to see 6000RPM-plus often.

A Comp 941 is in the ballpark, but w/o enough info (like spring pocket diameter and installed height), this is a guess.
its a big block 454 cid nn.
we got 300lbs open and 150 closed
we were looking for the manufacters specs not your estimated specs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You will need the cam card or call the mfr for the exact specs. I could do that but so could you. That cam is not a radical or big cam and a comparable cam's spring requirements would not be far off from what you have there. What springs do you have now? Did the engine experience valve float or other spring related issues? Are you looking to up the seat and open pressure or just fishing?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Probably got scared from the 300 eh?

You post here for information, and got opinions, not good enough, CALL THE MFR. Should have known better. What kind of shop are you that you cannot figure out what spring to use on a mild BBC cam?

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
samb1990 said:
Thankz for ur useless info,we drive imports ne way :evil:
I hope I don't get banned for telling you that you are an arrogant, useless troll that probably rides a Schwinn- poorly.

Your posts make little to NO sense, and I'm pretty sure that IF you are in a machine shop, it's in the capacity of the janitor's unpaid assistant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.