Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 351 ford windsor that I am trying to find out what vehicle that it came out of. I do know that it is a 79 year model. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can id it with the block number please let me know. Thank you.
Dennise

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Hi Dennise.....Welcome to Hotrodders. This is the Introduction forum so....If you would post your question in the Engine forum, I am sure you will get some answers. :welcome:

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
DENNISE said:
I have a 351 ford windsor that I am trying to find out what vehicle that it came out of. I do know that it is a 79 year model. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can id it with the block number please let me know. Thank you.
Dennise

:welcome: welcome :welcome:

Is there a 1x3 inch metal tag on the engine either under the carb stud or ignition coil stud?

Might see if there is a stamped number behind the intake manifold on the machined surface. Look around on some of the other machined surfaces not inside the bellhousing and see if there are any stamped numbers.

Crankshaft damper...... what is the casting number on it? Trucks used a different length damper than cars.

I'm not sure but most of the Ws were pretty much the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts