Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 350 motor with a 550 lift solid cam i was wondering if there was a small type of mini motor something like the electric motor that turns the water pump .what i am trying to do is run my a\c .i was told i could not run a\c with a big cam . so i was wondering if i bought a small micro motor to turn my a\c compressor by it self would that work .could some one please help me

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
Somebody is giving you a line of crap! Tha a/c has nothing to do with the camshaft, except you may have a high/low idle speed problem on hot days with the air on.

Most of the remote motors are to run the water pump on drag cars and surely would not have enuff grunt to run an a/c compressor!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a\c camshaft question

so i can run a\c with a 550 lift solid cam. let me also add that im going to run a 42-4400 stall convertor with a 456 gear . i'm not going to drive it every day but but back and foward to work and sometimes tip around the city but i would like to have a\c when needed. thanks alot for your help

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
a/c

There may be issues with several things-one a HOT day High HUMIDTY a high stall converter and the heat load from a/c may[will] cause over heating.Also I belive an a/c comp. under the same conditons will need more power than a w/p would need.It takes power under Hot use.But, anything is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.