Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Good improvement for least amount of money would be a free flowing exhaust and an open element air cleaner. Both together would get you about 20 hp
and that's enough to feel in the pants. Free flowing exhaust would be a cat-back system that usually includes a larger exhaust pipe and a turbo muffler. If one is made for your car, it's usually a bolt in swap but I'm not sure if one is made for your application. If not you can get a replacement muffler like cherry bomb (loud) or torbo (quieter). Muffler and air cleaner can be found at the mexican auto stores like AZ and advance for less money and you can DIY
with a little ingenuity.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
Seanj said:
I have a 94 caprice 4.3L wit 40,000 org miles and all i really wanna do now is add some horse power to it! How can I?
Leave it alone!!! If you want faster, buy something that's faster. You'll spend tons of money and the car won't be as fast as the same car with a stock 5.7 in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.