Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been searching for some cars, and came across this:

Plymouth Fury III 1967

I am having a hard time looking at the car objectivley, as is with every car Im interested in. I can find much in terms of pictures/documentation of these cars, especially the 4dr.

Can any of you whom have experience with these give me their thoughts? Postless by the looks of it? Performance, fun to drive etc etc. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
dosn't say what motor, but it could be a 383 or a 318, they had both big and small blocks. the price is right, as long as the inside is as good as the outside. My dad had a Fury III 2dr, was a '68, 383 BB, 727 Auto. he did have to put a trans in it at 1 time tho. it could be a very fun car to drive.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
before I bought it I would search the net to see what is available in aftermarket parts and what they cost for that yr/model

due to the fewer number of Mopars being restored/rodded, parts are expensive and scarce compared to many others

....paint it black and white and a big "54" on it.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Plus side: (from the one picture shown)

Not a bad looking car for what it is.

Not a bad cross country car big and comfortable.

Negative:

There is no real demand for these cars and even down the road you would be lucky to get the asking price out of it.

Low performance small block 318 (in those years there was no other kind).
(paying list, upgrading to a 4 BBL and dual exhaust will cost about a $1K and you still have a Low Po 318).

Even when new these were grocery getters period.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
The 67-68 Dodge Chrys Plymouth in the big cars, could be pretty darn quick.

I do not think anything is available from the aftermarket though.

The C-Bodies in a 2-dr ht (my thoughts here--am biased) are damn sporty looking cars (no 2-dr post in the Chrysler)

Sport Fury (ply), Polara 500 (dodge), & the 300 (chrys) would have been the performance oriented cars (Chrys engines---383-440-440TNT---no small blocks)

A Fury I (4-dr or 2-dr SEDAN {only}) were sometimes equipped with a 440 6bbl. in 69-70----Cops used em where I grew up

I had a 67 300 (2 actually) one my brother crashed. The other>>440TNT, 4-spd, Posi, Disc Brakes, Radio/Heater Delete, no undercoat, no insulation.
I bought it from the original owner, and remember this very car at a Chrys/Ply dealer when it was new---I was 7.

Maybe not the absolute fastest or quickest, but still took more Camaros and Mustangs than I can count to the cleaners.

This car was stolen in 89---for the third and FINAL time. When it was recovered every single part that was 300 specific was gone. All I got back was a shell---not even doors or glass. Could never find parts for that car.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Myself.
Even though I have a small car, I love the big ole cars like these. I say get it, drop a huge motor in it, (440 or stroked big block) and cruise it.

Lots of room and you can suicide the doors for neater looks. Hg :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.