Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Owner RPM Resto & Custom
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the chance to pick up at very lightly used Sata NR 92 for $75 and I don't know if it's worth it or not. I'm told it has a tip on it for spraying high build and 2k which I need a gun for. I just bought a Iwata LPV 400 for my base and clear but need a good primer gun.
I searched around the net for reviews no the SataJet NR 92 but didn't find anything really. So do any of you guys have real world experience with this gun....especially for primer use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I had the opportunity to use a Sata NR92 when I was painting my 34. I could find no information on the net about it either, other than it was discontinued long ago. To tell you the truth, my HF 43430 sprayed better than it did hands down. If I was in the market for a 2K primer gun I would buy another HF 43430.

Vince

·
Registered
40 Posts
High build primer NR 92

Now days, most paint manufacurers will recommend you use a 1.3 to a 1.5 set up for primer, preferably hvlp. If I'm not mistaken NR92 was non hvlp.
You can pick up a nr95, which is also discontinued, but is HVLP for around $100 bucks. In any case make sure you have between at least 1.3 to a 1.7 cap and tip. Unless the paint you are using requires something larger.

(edit)The NR92 was designed for older paint systems, like laquer, and such, I would'nt recommend it for new systems. IMHO

·
Owner RPM Resto & Custom
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of a HF gun......I've read nothing but good about them. I got my IWATA LPH400 today and can't wait to use it. I have a 72 Vette to spray in a few weeks so I'm gonna try it out on that.

·
Paintshop Dog
404 Posts
If its for primer, go for it! :thumbup: It's probably got a 1.7 tip and should put out a nice pattern for priming! I used one for years, heck! I wore it out. Just remember to keep it clean as you can keep it! :sweat: :drool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.