Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I need help with a radiator choice for a blown 496 BBC in an open hood 30 Ford coupe. Fairly mild set up. Around 600 HP. Would like to know if I need a trans cooler in the radiator or would a remote dual fan cooler do the trick. Maybe 2 row? 4 row? Would really appreciate you input. Thanks. memphismark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Call Walker Radiator for brass
Call Brice Thomas for aluminum

both companies can hook you up with what you need
I have used them both and will use them again

·
Registered
221 Posts
One one thing about using a radiator instead of a remote external cooler is that the radiator also helps maintain operating temperature. Good for when transmission is cold. If radiator doesn't sufficiently cool your transmission at the temp range you want then you can add an external cooler later which would keep it cool but still have the warm up ability provided by the radiator. Anyway, that's my thinking.

I too will be in the market real soon for new radiator on a 496 with supercharger. I have an AFCO one now but am not happy with it. I haven't decided yet on one. The BeCool products are nice but pricey. Have heard good things about Ron Davis custom radiators (Ron Davis aluminum radiators for racing, offroad, performance street car, and other custom applications).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts