Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1950 Ford Custom
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 454 with trans to put into my 1950 Hudson. I need a rear end and entire front suspension / spindles. I would like to have front and rear disc breaks.

Does anyone know of a good car that I could get a combo from? [90's Camero?] Or should I buy parts indivdually.

On a side note is there a Chevy rear that lives up to the bulletproof 9" Ford reputation?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I wouldn't really forsee you getting everything you need from one single donor vehicle, and you might be better off getting individual parts that would work best for what you want.

I have heard both directions on durability of 12 bolt Chevy axles as compared to the Ford 9, The 8.5 has baan run behind many big block powered drag cars, and holds up for a time, you might get a better answer on a certain axles' capabilities with a description of your main intended use of the car, and the power level you are aiming for with the 454.

·
1950 Ford Custom
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M&M CUSTOM said:
I
I have heard both directions on durability of 12 bolt Chevy axles as compared to the Ford 9, The 8.5 has baan run behind many big block powered drag cars, and holds up for a time, you might get a better answer on a certain axles' capabilities with a description of your main intended use of the car, and the power level you are aiming for with the 454.
Thanks M&M. This is more of a cruiser than a dragger. I want to get to the 400 hp range. I will spin the tires occationally and race my buddies. My main concern is reliability. I don't want to be one of those folks that are always broken on a sunny weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
It now just becomes a matter of which YOU would prefer.

Each one would be a good choice.

Dollar for dollar you will spend about the same for each one of these to get it the way you want it, any one of them will survive with the same parts choice.

They really start to seperate when you start racing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.