1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some info on my new 383
Well hello ,
Thanks for this forum

My name is ozzt and I am getting my 350 made into a 383 as we speak. Its a newer block. My question is The person that is doing the work is a real nice guy who knows a lot about his work, he want s to use a (used) roller cam and lifters. I was told that they look brand new. But I am scared of the word used. I paid a lot of money to this guy( cash $1350.00) and gave him A 1 ton truck with a big block 454 with only 30,000 miles on it that i paid $2,000 for. So all toghter i have 3,300 into this 383. Is it ok to go with the used cam and roller or should I get a flat tapped upgraded cam?
Please help me out because I am lost.

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts
From what I have heard, you can reuse roller parts pretty much forever. I guess the lifters could go bad, but if you trust this guy, I would go with the roller.

Adam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go New! You dont want a disaster on your hands. This guy shpould be able to tell you eye to eye whether or not its a good idea. It is more money for New but you'll get alot more peace of mind. And you wont have to worry about the tention of him using USED and running into problems (you dont want to end up on the short end of the deal). Simply, dont burn any bridge with this guy....

Stroke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.