Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put an electric fan in my mustang, and I'd like to get a little temperature switch that screws into my intake manifold and kicks the fan relay when the engine heats up. I'd like to get something thats cheap, like something off a production car that I can get from the parts store. Anyone know of a make/model of car that might have what I want? like maybe a 1991 camaro has it or something.

I'd like something like this http://store.summitracing.com/defau...tofilter=1&part=SUM-890018&N=115&autoview=sku

Russel

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

What's wrong with using a stock Mustang Sender..?

Just run the sender wire to your relay coil ground..As the temp rises, the resistance at the sender declines provides ground to the fan relay, closes it, and the fan turns on.

Almost All fan relays control circuits are wired to ground, as senders are referenced to ground.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I just ask for a sender for a late 90ies mustang? My stang came with a mechanical fan from the factory, and I don't really know too much about how factory senders and relays controlled the fans.

Do you think that a stock sender, operating as you describe, will turn the fan on and off at ideal temperatures?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.