Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close enough on my 52 Chevy sedan to start some serious thought to color. Just to get a picture of where I'm going, all trim is shaved and the car will only have a rear bumper. The only chrome/stainless/polished aluminum on the car will be the beltline trim, the tail-lights and the wheels. The bumper and grill wil be painted body color. The windshield will be 1 piece and all other glass is smoked. I'm leaning in order listed to a burnt orange with silver top, or buttermilk with white top or as a 3rd choice, solid black. I'm not married to any of these so suggest something different if you think it would look good. These cars are hard to pick a color that looks right. I have a way of talking myself into things so thought I would throw this one out there to get some opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting. You are right about a little more drop in the back. I'm hoping for an inch or two drop when I get the fuel tank, interior, etc installed. If not, I'll throw some scrap metal in the trunk. :)
Anybody else?
Bob

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black was my first choice. I just don't know if i want to work that hard getting everything perfect. Black also would probably look the best but is so hard to do right. I also plan on driving this car alot. My original acid test was to put a car together that I did not mind leaving unattended in the Wal-Mart parking lot. (And blitz black is not an option at this point). I hadn't thought about pearl white but body work would be easier and so would touch ups. Just don't know if it would fit the car??? I'm open to all thoughts. Don't want a "what was he thinking when he painted it that color" situation. I didn't mention but interior is all black leather.
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.