·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps you have me confused with another? I don't know you nor anyone else on here. This was my first post. Just trying to help my dad find a replacement so he can build this up for his dad. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

-Danielle in SoCal, CA

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders

I removed the HELP from the thread title. It is unneeded here.

members are helpful and a proper thread title gets better responses and the search function works better when a person is searching the forums

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a centre idler for the steering behind the front cross member, it has 3 holes in it for tie-rod ends. Seems you are throwing away a beautiful riding front end to replace it with something less !!! Can't imagine that they will be needing it now anyway.

Can I also suggest now that they have hacked this up that they check how think the steel is in the chassis at the bottom of the rails about where the front body bolts are. They fill with dirt and rust out there badly, and they were only 0.100 thick to begin with. Better if they cut off the rails right back to the x-member and started from there !!! Hope they built a jig to get it all hanging right again, otherwise all your sheetmetal will be out of whack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.