Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a very nice Chevy pickup from western New Jersey to the Ft. Worth, TX area. Because the body and undercarriage have been recently painted, I want it to be hauled in an enclosed trailer.

I'd appreciate your recommendations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I need to get a very nice Chevy pickup from western New Jersey to the Ft. Worth, TX area. Because the body and undercarriage have been recently painted, I want it to be hauled in an enclosed trailer.

I'd appreciate your recommendations.
I used Intercity to move a car from Chicago to So California in an enclosed trailer and was happy except I didn't know the arrival time until an hour before arrival. Luckily I was home. They were very professional.
I used Rick Powell's Show Time Transport to move a car from Yuma to So Cal in an enclosed trailer. I was very happy and kept abreast of pickup time and progress along the way and arrival time. He was very professional. This one I would recommend without reservation.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Intercity to move a car from Chicago to So California in an enclosed trailer and was happy except I didn't know the arrival time until an hour before arrival. Luckily I was home. They were very professional.
I used Rick Powell's Show Time Transport to move a car from Yuma to So Cal in an enclosed trailer. I was very happy and kept abreast of pickup time and progress along the way and arrival time. He was very professional. This one I would recommend without reservation.
I exchanged e-mails with Rick. He was recently run off the road by a texting driver and said it will be a while before he and his rig are back in business.

Just sent a request for quote to Intercity Lines. I fear their price will be super-high based on their clientele.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, too bad. Intercity prices were competitive. They didn't appear to treat my driver '32 Ford with any less respect than the million $ car they delivered in Las Vegas or the car they had just left off at Jay Lenno's.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
InterCity quoted me $2,295 to haul the truck from New Jersey to Texas, then added $200 when I told them it was a long bed. Sounds like they charge by height x width x length. Seems high to me, so I need to get some more quotes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.