Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my 1969 K20 Chevy daily driver with 1.5 in Summit headers, Holley 600 carb, and Mallory ignition system. It has a Holley aluminum intake (I also have the intake from my 1971 LT-1 Vette).Which would be better? I am looking into this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7938367736&fromMakeTrack=true

For heads I will use 461 no X. I am watching my Mexican block thread. I also have a 1965 327, but I think it will not work for a stroker. A friend has offered to trade a good 350 block for the 327 This has to be an economical and bulletproof engine. Am I headed in the correct direction? I can't have a lumpy idle cam with good power right off idle can I? Which cam should I pick for a daily driver? Would this kit require an external or internal balanced flywheel? I do not want to buy another external balanced flywheel I have a refinished internal one from my 327. What all else do I need to be thinking about?

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
my oppinion

This kit is WAY over priced.

Claimer pistons and claimer cams for $1100...no way man. Just b/c it cost a lot doesn't mean it is worth more. For that price it sjould come with at least a high quality cam and forged pistons...at least.

Also, why cheap headers that will leak? If you intend to spend this amount of money get some quality headers with 3/8 flanges.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts