Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a show quality numbers matching 1969 camaro SS with a 350/300. I have all the numbers parts however because I like to have fun with it over time a have changed the heads, intake, exhaust, and cam. I have the original components in my garage - so if I every decide to sell it I can still get a good value for a numbers car. Here is the deal though. I have to do a rebuild and I would like to stroke the motor but I do not want to jepordize the numbers block (ie blowing it up).

From a cloectors point of view, would I be better off pulling the original engine out - rebuild that to stock specs and keep it on the side. Or Stroke the original motor, and if I ever sell the car I have all the # parts to go with it. If I decided to do this and put the original heads, exhaust etc back on the car - would it matter or would anyone really know the difference?

I am on the fence on what to do, what do you think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why would you want to risk breaking the original motor when core 350's are a dime a dozen? I'd build a motor from scratch and plastic wrap the other motor for sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree with BuckSatan- do not wreck a matching numbers motor for the sake of upgrading performance on your car. There aren't that many matching numbers 69 camaros out there. Put the engine back together as original and tuck it away for the day you might want to sell the car. Buy a crate motor or build one but be sure not to do anything permanent to the body or frame in order to stuff a new power plant under the hood. You may even want to shelve the original transmission also. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts