Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
not bad, but the hilborn streeet scoop just dosn't do the car justice. not to mention, the flat black paint is likely covering up shoddy bodywork, that green looks like JD green, so I'd say it was painted on a tight budget.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Depends on price???
I like the body style. But I like the scoop as well.
Its a to each his own when it comes to cars, But hey...I own a tubbed n blown Gremlin. HG :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im considering it, it has a 350,with 4 speed, tunnel ram and 2 four barrel 450cfm carbs,line lock, would it look better with just the carbs and air cleaners instead of the scoop?

·
Registered
285 Posts
OK, you asked so don't get all pissy when I give you my opinion.

You are ruining a decent car. Those green flames have that "dumb hick" look and the car would look soooo much better without them. To justify putting a hole in your hood, the car really has to be a screamer. Those ugly *** flames in conjunction with that idiotic scoop have that, "I was drunk when I did this" look.

That body style is nice. The car has lots of potential but remember; LESS IS MORE, and when in doubt, DO NOTHING.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh, and one more thing: You spending lots of time making your car ugly and you don't even bother taking out the dent in the hood. First things first man. Fix the damned dent, get rid of those horrifically ugly flames, then find a nice looking low profile scoop and trash that chrome eyesore.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh and another thing...LOL.... Yer 35 years old?! That car looks like it was modified by a 15 year old punk, retarded kid. :pain:

Sorry, I hate to see a nice car being trashed like this...

·
Ford Man to the bone!!!
112 Posts
pi71 said:
well im considering it...
Since you did not do all the things pointed out as wrong, the question is, What do YOU see this car looking like AFTER you own it. Do YOU see potential or a finished car? If YOU see a finished car then I say go for it. After all it is NOT what we think but what YOU think.

If potential then more info is needed, like year model, condition under the skin and price.

Edit: BTW I do like the older OLDs mid size cars. Reminds me of the first 442s.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
Lose the 350, flames, scoop and rally wheels. DO NOT make a 442 clone out of it, too may fake GTO's and 442's already.......... Paint it white with white steel wheels and Olds dog dish caps with 9" cheater slicks. Put the nose a hair higher than the front plunk a 375 HP 425 out of a '66 Olds 98 in it with some vintage speed equipment and an aftermarket ram air set up with scoops under the front bumper like a 442 and put some tow bar brackets under the front bumper too. Oh yeah a vintage Sun fuel pressure gauge in a chrome cup mounted in front of the windshield would be a nice touch. :cool:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hippie said:
Lose the 350, flames, scoop and rally wheels. DO NOT make a 442 clone out of it, too may fake GTO's and 442's already.......... Paint it white with white steel wheels and Olds dog dish caps with 9" cheater slicks. Put the nose a hair higher than the front plunk a 375 HP 425 out of a '66 Olds 98 in it with some vintage speed equipment and an aftermarket ram air set up with scoops under the front bumper like a 442 and put some tow bar brackets under the front bumper too. Oh yeah a vintage Sun fuel pressure gauge in a chrome cup mounted in front of the windshield would be a nice touch. :cool:
can i borrow about 10,000 grand for this little mod idea... :drunk:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.