Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was needing to know what all is involved in putting a turbo onto A 302 that is built good has a 750 double pumper, comp cam, ford racing full roller rockers, lots more I was thinking about putting a turbo on it? How hard would that be? would i need an intercooler or a blow off valve?? How hard is it? thanks

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
need to know engine specs, ( comp mainly, but also cam specs if u got them ). and I can really help you with the #'s. you need an intercooler for anything over 10 PSI, a blow off valve for a manual trans, or an automatic that is in and out of the throttle a lot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
specs!.

It is a 302 bored .40 over with a 10to1 compression ratio. a comp cam 490-510 lift cam 280 duration 110 lobe separation. holley 750 double pumper. MSD ignition. Also i am wanting to try to put one on my stroker fourwheeler its a 94 blaster with a stroker kit over size carb boysen reeds nos sneeky pete nitrous kit. full port and polish bored 30 over. would i need an intercooler for that or a blow off? how hard would that be?? thanks for the help

·
Smile if you know Jesus
515 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll need a blow through carb, custom headders, you'll have to route an oil line to the turbo's and a return line with no low spots plut a lot of custom fab work.

I'm not an expert but I have done quite a bit of research on the subject. Twin turbo's are on my list of things to do.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
that 302 is all wrong for a turbo. 10:1 is too high for any boost. 9:1 is the cutoff, and then only running 4 PSI max. the cam shaft, dururation should be shorter on the exh size, and ground on at least 112* LCA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts