Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

got my new 195 competition AFRs today.

They look great except for the spark plugs. I can lift small piece of aluminum from the spark plug hole penetration. The water jackets also look unfinished.

I don't recall my edelbrocks looking like this.

The rest of the heads is a work of art.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
all heads need a little spit and polish out of the box, even the magnificent AFRs
check all the guides for perfection too

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all heads need a little spit and polish out of the box, even the magnificent AFRs
check all the guides for perfection too
I sent the pics to AFR also. Just seams since these are the CNC competition version, they could eased these penetration a few thousandths in seconds instead of me doing it by hand.

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
I sent the pics to AFR also. Just seams since these are the CNC competition version, they could eased these penetration a few thousandths in seconds instead of me doing it by hand.

Tempus est pecunia, if this was fast and cheap they'd do it. Actually, it is typical to install the proper spark plug then dress the outstanding threads.

Bogie

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I had a guy go through my Dart 227s. Took 4 hrs total.balanced port flow a little closer too.
go fast takes time and details. Translate that to $s. Ask bogie for details, he has unboxed way more casting than I have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts