Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a truck with new engine ?? Chev. 454 mold # 88890529 or it could be the part # and serial # 08447 can any one tell what yr.. it is and or when it was purshased. thanks Grace

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=88890529&btnG=Google+Search

74-93... from what I see.

there should be a 2 digit year on the block by the rest of the numbers you found..or mabey its the passenger side... (least thats the way it is on my sbc). I dont know if big blocks are the same way or not, they probably are though.) Possibly hidden under some grease if its not too clean :evil:

·
Registered
37 Posts
grace5261 said:
RH side of engine on plate says made for GMC then part # 88890529 then serial # 08447 thanks grace
Grace, what you're looking at there is the engine assembly date/suffix code and partial VIN code information. you need to find the engine casting number which will be on the drivers side, behind the head on the block just where the back of the engine bolts to the bell housing. you probably will have to get in there and look with a flashlight. it will be a 6 or 7 digit number, starting with a 3,6 or 1. get me that number and I'll tell you what you've got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.