Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a local reputable trans shop build my 700r4 with the best of everything. Its has all new internals ( i.e., planetarys, sunshell, etc.). I installed it last year and never fired the car up. I put a quart of trans fluid in the converter before installing the trans and 5 quarts in the pan. Fast forward to last month not realizing that I didnt fill the trans completely I started the engine several times over the last month. I have never put the car in gear or attempted to move it at all as i was just breaking in the cam and working out some fuel pressure issues. Today I started the engine checked all the fluids before I attempted to take it on its maiden run and noticed my tranny fluid was low...DUH. I dug up the remainder on the trans fliud and filled it up with the 11 quarts and began to move it through the gears and it doesnt do anything. Could running the engine with it half full and not putting it in any gear done damage to it?

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
that would be my first guess from the info provided. A pressure gauge on the tranny port may show something. If you have good psi , then need to look at something else.

BstMech said:
You most likely trashed the pump. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.