Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently acquired a 69 c10 fleetside with what i believe to be either the 4.1 or th3 4.8l inline 6. when i received it, the battery, along with the positive, negative and maybe even the ground strap were all missing. this is my first project ever....ever. and im not sure where to start. i wanted to at least see if i can get it running before i go spending much money. so i know its missing the pos an neg cables but i dont know what else. the regulater is still there and it looks like the ground strap ( isnt it like a braided steel thing that goes from the block to the frame or something?) is gone also. if anyone has any info they could share id greatly appreciate it. i tried google and whatnot but not much luck there. pictures would be amazing

Also how do i tell what engine is in it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its Alive!!!

well i bought a new ignition switch and key cylinder and wired it in. added a positive terminal cable, found a spot for the negative and put a half dead marine battery in...hooked it up and prayed to the chevy gods. i disconnected the solonoid from the distributor and cranked it over a few times, and when i went to reconnect it, the carb smelled like really really super old gas...but ill be damned if she didnt fire right up after sitting for a coupla years...only put like 40-50 bucks into it too! i took it for a test drive....and the throttle got stuck an sent the engine racing. it looks like im going to have to pull off the carb and clean it. but it runs and im so stoked for that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

anyone know where i might find a wiring diagram for the headlights and taillights and whatnot??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.