Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 chevy and i found a bed for it, it currently is a long bed fleet side. I found a steel replica longbed stepside that is supposed to go with it. It was my understanding that stepsides only came in short beds! is this normal? how hard will the switch be? One more question.. how do i shave the doors? i want no handles and the indent in the panel where the handle is to be gone.. how hard will this be? How much will it cost for a kit to open the doors?

_tc

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mes...

The stepside bodies were the same from '55 to somewhere around 66. Actually the basic box stayed unchanged til 70 or 72 and just the fenders changed. But there have always been long beds. I have one on my '55. In those years all 1/2 tons were short beds. The long beds were reseved for the 3/4 ton models.

Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have done the old school thing of making your own system for shaved doors and have bought all kinds of kits. Now times I will only use Autoloc shave kit. I think it is under$200. Check out the web site at www.autothisworld.com. Get the one with relays and solenoids. I know I have seen the long step sides but I don't know about the 1/2 ton 3/4 ton thing.

Good Luck
Chaotic

·
Registered
4 Posts
yo i have looked into getting shaved door handles just ask around mainly on security cause thats wat your gonna want (or at least me ) im prolly gonna keep my door handles there for a back up soo i will unlock the car then use the door poppers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts