Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here we go!i just had my motor rebuilt,it has about 700 miles on it i put a e303cam and gt40 turbo swirl heads 54cc. now here is the problem!its seems to have a pretty rough idle i know it was going to be a little different but from what i was told it wouldnt be that eratic its very lumpy also does not seem to have much of the line but does have alot more get up and go when you get up in the rpm.or is it getting enough gas?fuel presure regulator mabe? if any one has some input for me i would geatly appreciate it.im just breaking in to this hobby.thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
Is it a mass air or speed density system? I heard speed density systems dont adapt as well to mods as mass air. Thats the only thing i can think of. I have an E303 cam also and it runs fine with a lot of low end torque.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nevermind, I didnt see the "92" part, so i guess it is mass air. Um, are you sure you got the cam timing right? Maybe you put it in retarded, that would explain the bad idle and torque but more upper RPM power. I dont see why the fuel system would need mods, if it was fine before, i dont think you should have to change it, besides if you werent getting enough fuel i would think you would feel it in the upper rpms not the lower rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts