Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Contest, Only For The Hotrodders Art Contest, Logo Image For Each Month

This should be for all who enjoy making the art or viewing it, also to pass around to other forums, websites and more to spread the word.
The Contest will Begin Now and end on November 26th or 27th.

This is solely an action by me as a request, I haven't cleared it with Jon or the admins on the site but feel it would be an asset to the amount of credit the artists get for their work, letting the world see it through Hotrodders.com and Must include that name with "Art Contest" also So the lines of text needed is Hotrodders.com Art Contest are the two main parts of the text.

The Contest will Begin Now and end on November 26th or 27th. As usual a voting post will be created after these dates. As long as Jon Permits this.

I will assure the winner's image is posted on each of the month’s contests when citing a new contest and in the polling threads. It will also be able to be shared by anyone with simple bulletin board code.

The artist will get grand Kudos’ for the image as a winner and A Hotrodders T shirt from me, through Jon. It's a really Nice T Shirt BTW. If by chance I win "like that's a real chance against most of the guys here, lol", it will go to the runner up as a gesture from me and Hotrodders members for the work you put into it.

Image guidelines.

1: The image must be no more than 700 pixels wide and 250 pixels or so high
2: The main idea is for the text to be the outstanding part of this, not so much the background but most banner or images will want to have something incorporated into the background.
3: The image must have an empty space for the month of the contest and year since we're coming up on 2010 and I will add it each month with a simple text font "Ariel" or "Impact" in black or white depending on the image background.
4: Keep in mind this is more towards text than graphics, so even something as simple as word art can be used and allows for more members to be involved.
5: In the final result, make sure the image is at least 100dpi as it will be resized to 89dpi for digital monitors and saved for the web in high setting through Photoshop.

2A: Some Tips on Content of the image.

1: Keep it in your mind that Hotrodders forum has a black base posting area, so please if you find you would like a border to the image; choose something other than black, off grays work well in place of black.
2: Do not use copyrighted images for backgrounds such as wallpapers off the net, it's just not right, there are many places to get royalty free stock backgrounds to place your text over
3: All styles of signage will be looked at closely and hopefully Jon will allow all members to vote with a link in the main chat area, this will help please more in the voting.
4: Art is as you see it, signage is also the same, this is only for the posts on Hotrodders contests and it's great to have guys put it to a vote and have some fun with simple text images or all out text and backgrounds that can do signage but not complete artwork as in the main contests.

Sincerely Mark “onlyracing”

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DeuceRon said:
Interesting idea Mark. I like it! If this gets the official nod, I will participate..

thanks
Ron..
I kinda thought it might spruce up the contest efforts and show some of the other talents these guys have, signage is very hard and it would just stay in this area as long as it's OK with John as sort of a header for the page when the contest starts and voting starts.

·
Rat Rod Studios
816 Posts
This is certainly not my area of expertise, and I'm not sure I know exactly what your looking for. But, I thought I'd give it a try. Four variations of the same design. I'm sure some of the artists or graphic artist here will come up with something more suitable, but thought I try something I haven't done before.

Bob

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
This is a great idea, and we can use such a logo to promote the contest site-wide, and/or identify each month's winner with a graphic accompanying their username (either in place of, or in addition to, their avatar). We can throw in a t-shirt for the winner, no problem.

I also wouldn't mind an "official" post in the Lounge to vote on this logo, or any other future monthly contests. You guys have done an excellent job turning this monthly contest into a Hotrodders.com tradition.

OnlyRacing -- just shoot me a PM with any details/questions. Thanks.

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jon said:
This is a great idea, and we can use such a logo to promote the contest site-wide, and/or identify each month's winner with a graphic accompanying their username (either in place of, or in addition to, their avatar). We can throw in a t-shirt for the winner, no problem.

I also wouldn't mind an "official" post in the Lounge to vote on this logo, or any other future monthly contests. You guys have done an excellent job turning this monthly contest into a Hotrodders.com tradition.

OnlyRacing -- just shoot me a PM with any details/questions. Thanks.
This is real simple Jon and the guys, just an idea as possbly a header image idea, sort of as you would see in a webpage since I resize all the images in the polls and stuff to 700 wide or less and 250 pixels high max. There are some outstanding artists here, and signage I think is the hardest. If you've ever picked out a font for a project, you would know that it makes or breaks everything IMO.

A basic banner style is all that is required if you see the above needed critera, such as size and DPI. I was just figuring it would spruce up the post and allow me a little more of an integration for more stuff. Please keep posting your work in here and as usual, I'll take care of all that is needed to create a poll based on Jons best wishes. If people need more time, we can extend it to the middle of december.

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
57Corvette said:
Ron, Forty, nice work guys....... they look super.

bob
I'll second that Ron, now they are coming along, nice fit, good colors and hey seem to say, Hotrodders art contest to me so far. Again, any one of them could be "it" as I see now.

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to allow rthis one to go for a bit more since the holidays surely took it's toll on me but probably others as well, so the new date will be December 17th and will be final, more artists can join into this if they like and we can begin using it one it's been put to avote. I hope all will be OK with this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys been awhile for me, but I messed around with it and even though I don't think this is usable because my original was not set to 100dpi I'll still share. I am still messing around with it just figured I would share suggestion on a remake would be helpful thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.