Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

For those who were in on the thread about problems that can arise from aftermarket heads, I thought I would let you know what I found on my new 230cc Dart Pro 1's. I only had time for one head, but I found everything so far to be above my expectations. The the valves are all properly seated on the flawless, 3 angle valve job. It may be common practice, but the heads were actually blended to the seat and the first 3/4 inch of the bowl was cleaned up where it looks like casting flaws may have been. The valves were nice, swirl polished, undercut stem stainless with no nicks or problems at all. The valves were also all installed with a red assembly lube of some sort and the guides all had the slight play machine shop tom described.

Perhaps it is just that I am just used to looking at machine work on oem heads, but I am more impressed now than before I disassembled the head. I can't tell you how nice everything looks. Definately the best money I have spent in a long time.

Later,

Chris

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Good deal.I am waiting to get all my tax work and papers in order.I am wanting to upgrade heads on my ride as the next major project on it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Glad to hear Chris!:D
Youve been thru a lot and its nice to hear something good is working out for you.
I cant wait till Im getting my new set of heads.
Im gonna keep these guys in mind for my heads. HG :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I still have one head to go. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all is good. I plan to finish checking tomorrow and if all shows good finish assembling the long block.

Chris

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished checking the heads and took them to my machinist to check the deck surfaces and look them over. All was good to go so they are now torqued in place. My machinist went on and on about the quality of the work on the heads.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts