·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome.......Glad you like it...we are glad to have you with us. :welcome:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I presently own an 84 supra with a tired 5mge that I've been looking to rebuild but after, looking at supra .com - the lads seem to say that the best bang for the buck is to swap in a 7mgte ( that's where I noticed your site, one of your members posted a thread about air compressor equip.)

To swap the 7m would be about 4000, a basic rebuild 2800. I would really like to put ina 383 or lt1 out of a donor cop car. I'd have to redo all of the electronics to do the toyota swap - so why not a lt1. The toyota guys think it's tantamount to heresy.

I would really like to find somthing older - the other day I was out at the local pick a part and they had a rebuildable 72 skylark in pretty good shape, not to mention a 71 electra with 455. I damn near cried when the hoardes picked over the bones.

Presently I'm working on the thermostatic controls for a dual electric fan the that I pulled of a 24 valve probe for 9.99 at the local scapyard, biggest problem was findind a temp. switch - temp sender will be out of a 84 tercel mounted in the rad - wiring harness and relays froma 89 buick lesabre. I could have just bought a flex a lite but it would'nt be as much fun!

I would like to do a little more fab work but money and wrenching space is limited.

cheers, I have to go the oilers are tied 2 - 2 in the third

·
Registered
76 Posts
I thought that was you :) That was me who wrote the "Clean dry, air shop/garage write-up" thread on celicasupra.com :welcome: Happy to see you here bud :D One other member I seen from CS over here is MooSevion(sp?) with an 86 Supra and 83 Regal I believe.

You can make a journal here on your project. In my journal I have a 84 5m swap in the 82 Supra in there with the slightly higher compression with 82 efi, not much of an upgrade, but its just going to be a daily driver to practice on while I try to finish vocational school. Saving the white 85 Supra I have for the 7mgte too. I got the Ford EDIS 6 trigger wheel from our GB since I want to go Mega Squirt. But honestly don't have enough to do those things for awhile. Still trying get new trim parts and mouldings on the 82 after I paint it, as soon as the weather warms up.

I posted some more pics & stuff in the "piping shop" thread in the garage section, the great folks info and knowledge around here is so helpful. See ya around :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts