Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

1989 v2500 suburban.

I added a york compressor for onboard air to my TBI motor for long overland trips and have a fitment issue with the pump to gear box pressure line. From the steering gear box (18mx1.5) my hose and fitting are straight up and will interfere with the belts. I have been looking for a 18mx1.5 o-ring 90 degree fitting that i can crimp or twist on to the OE hose. Ideally it would be the reusable type so if ever i had a failure i could by a OEM hose from anywhere, cut off the straight metal and put it on my 90.

I am trying not to buy all AN fittings and hose and keep it simple.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Our local farm supply store makes our farm hoses they have lots of fittings, an can make anything, he will not reuse anything. When I was in Calif in a mixed farm and residential area they would reuse fittings for making ne power steering hoses. My son's Mercury Monarch had the horizontal power steering cylinder and the hoses got damaged on speed bumps.

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,634 Posts
Check this site, I've used them before...

Russ

·
Registered
207 Posts
screenshot is of a ferrule type hydraulic fitting rated at 6000 psi. 1/4npt x 3/8 steel tube. IDK what config you want. Many dealers will back off if they know that you want it for PS, liability fears.

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
653 Posts
Just go to your local auto parts store and ask them if you can browse the fittings and hoses..I'll bet you a dollar you can find what you need. If the store doesn't have it, go to another one. That's the way I found my ps hoses...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just go to your local auto parts store and ask them if you can browse the fittings and hoses..I'll bet you a dollar you can find what you need. If the store doesn't have it, go to another one. That's the way I found my ps hoses...
I ended up Using Pheonix steel AN fitting and new hose. All done for 60$ and took 10 minutes. The fittings can be re-used with a new ferrule/olive and the hose easily assembles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts