Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jon,and im new to this board but restoring a 1972' Chevy C10 and It has a 355ci sbc that I built
355ci 9.3:1
Vortec Heads
1.52 roller rockers
262H XE cam
Performer rpm intake
600cfm Edelbrock 1406 carb
A 5 spd Tremec trans and 3.73 gears in back
I like how it runs but im looking to swap cams.Im looking for a very strong midrange,torque,and throttle response,with a mild lope at idle.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
55 Posts
new guy, building a 355

sounds like a great combination. if you going to keep your foot into alot! i would go with a 268 xe cam especially with a four speed. but if your just cruising it and jackin on the throttle once a while stick with the cam you got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the sound of the 274H that seems like what Im looking for.I dont really like the cam I have now because it's so stock sounding,im looking for a mild lope so you can tell it's not stock.And would love the extra power to go with it.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
ssj3Jon said:
I like the sound of the 274H that seems like what Im looking for.I dont really like the cam I have now because it's so stock sounding,im looking for a mild lope so you can tell it's not stock.And would love the extra power to go with it.
That cam is a perfect match for the static compression ratio you have. If you go bigger cam, the bottom end is gonna be soggy and you're gonna hate life. More cam needs more compression ratio. Call Comp and have them grind you the same cam you have with the same intake closing point, but ground on 106* LSA. It'll have more bottom end, but will peak sooner. You'll like the sound of it better though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.