Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1927 T-Bucket
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone, thank you for the add!

New guy looking for a home, I have a bit of a unique build that I acquired from a good friend. Actually not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but nice weather coming here so a few cruise ins for sure.

Some basic info, custom made T-Bucket, built 454ci (bored 30 over) Chevrolet V-8 engine with approximately 750hp, racing turbo 400 automatic transmission, Willwood racing four wheel disc brakes with drilled rotors, narrowed 9-inch Ford rear-end, with adjustable four-link suspension, aluminum five-star weld wheels, rack and pinion steering with adjustable front struts, custom fabricated A-arms, custom billet aluminum steering wheel, full custom tube chassis with roll cage, adjustable rear wing (documented from a Darrell Gwynn dragster) , wheelie bars, and full instrumentation with VDO gauges. Lots of documentation on the build, I have two photo albums full of pics and receipts, I haven't sorted it all out yet.

Thanks again for having me.

Drew

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
Very nice ride!

Around here we call that a left hand steer bracket roadster. It looks a lot like the older Brogie Roadsters that were very popular as drag cars - still quite a few of them around.

A little confused, you mention adjustable front struts then said custom a-arms. So did you actually mean "adjustable coilovers" with an a-arm front? Just curious.

If you have some specs on that engine available I can get you pretty close to the HP/Torque numbers. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
1927 T-Bucket
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the compliment! Thanks for the correct term on what the car should really be called too. Although I am not sure the average person will have any idea of what that is. (That includes me up until now :) ).

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct on the translation. The car has custom made tubular control arms with adjustable coilovers. I am having all the photos of the build scanned, which shows the suspension better than I described it.

I am pulling the engine next week and dropping it off at an engine shop to do a freshen up and spec the engine. I will PM you with all the info after I get it, that would be great to have some idea of close to actual hp and torque. Thank you again!

Drew

Very nice ride!

Around here we call that a left hand steer bracket roadster. It looks a lot like the older Brogie Roadsters that were very popular as drag cars - still quite a few of them around.

A little confused, you mention adjustable front struts then said custom a-arms. So did you actually mean "adjustable coilovers" with an a-arm front? Just curious.

If you have some specs on that engine available I can get you pretty close to the HP/Torque numbers. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.