Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome:Hi all.

I am new to these forums and to rodding in general. I recently purchased a 1983 Grand Prix with a olds 350 Rocket (80% sure its an authentic rocket) and another olds 350.

I am not new to mechanics, but I am new to ordering parts, knowing what exactly I need, and various other things. Hopefully you all will be will to help me along my way with my first project.

I hope to learn a lot, and meet a lot of good people here.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Rocket" was a slogan for all Olds V8's thru the 70's. The rocket decal was eliminated in about 1975 but there all the same. 350 CI models ran '68-'80
Yep :D im hip to that, from what i've gathered though olds guys like to search the "rocket years" out. Rumor? :confused:

I have actually decided im going to try and sell both olds engines though just need to get casting numbers and snap some photos tomorrow.

Gonna go with a sbc 350, its cheaper to build and a lot more parts are readily available without searching 50 different places. Gonna build this car to give myself as a graduation present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.