Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am a new guy here on the message board. I have looked around for a while and was very impressed by the professionalism and knowledge that has been transfered. The debate on the 700R4 vs the 200 was very good and the welding wire discussion hit very close to home. (I need all the help I can get in that department.) I have very extensive knowledge about PCMs / ECMs and hope it can help someone!

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
How hard would it be for me to fix up a home built efi using stock parts? It seems like it would be pretty simple if all the bells and whistles were removed. I have done the complete fuel injection transfers into older vehicles but never a home built system. Would you like to help me? a PM if so would be great! -Thanks !

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EFI

You can use an existing system to creat a home EFI. I was looking at it earlier this year. The problem comes in programming the system. You have to choose a system that can be easily programed to your requiriements. Second, is the cam and crank sensors. As long as they align with what you are working on it should be ok. Finally, many OE systems use vehicle speed inputs. You would need some way of improting that type of signal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts