Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Steve and I live in Austin, Texas. About 3 months ago I bought a 1976 Corvette. It has a very smooth 4 speed transmission (Borg Warner ST-10) and a very low HP 350 engine (180 HP). The beauty of this car is the mileage and condition. It has 36,500 miles and the body and interior are in very good shape. Last week I had a new pan gasket and radiator installed, both were leakers and I think the radiator was the original and at 28 years old I figured it had done its job. I was able to find a nearly exact replacement radiator for $319.00, it has the auto transmission cooler fittings on it that are not needed.
Now for my first question, what type of timing light is recommended for my Chevy 350 with HEI ignition and the Rochester Q-jet carb.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
A Vette guy!!

This is a do it yourself kind of board Dude...we don't pay people to install our pan gaskets or radiators, you'll have to start learning to do stuff yourself or pay dearly when you post about having somebody install your valve cover gasket or change your tire for you. Any timing light from Sears or a parts store will work find. Get a factory service book on your Vette and buy some tools too.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.