Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was thinking about going with a ProCharger blower for next year,but after a little research I realised that it was out of my budget.Not so much the blower itself,but everything else needed to go with it;new carb,new pistons,cowl induction hood,single plane intake,timing retard,new fuel system,relocate the power steering pump,etc..So now its on to "Plan B". I've ordered a set of new Brodix Race Rite rectangular heads,complete with CNC porting and chambers polished and matching valve springs courtesy of Tony Barker Racing in Mississippi.I picked these heads because they are supposed to be a direct bolt on,no need for header/exhaust modifications,no special bolts are needed and my pushrods will work.And they should out flow my old LS-6 cast iron heads considerably,hopefully they will make 60-80 more horsepower.
What does CNC stand for?? I think it has something to do with computer operated machines.Has anyone here used the Race Rite heads,if so how do you like them??

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
CNC means Computer Numerical Control, And I should know, I`m a CNC machinist for a living. Even so I don`t know or have any experience on big blocks, I`m sure as long as the rest of your combo matches up with the heads such as compression, cam, intake, exhaust etc. your going to be more than happy with them. These heads make the factory heads look poor.
While what a CNC machine can do is amazing, there sure not perfect.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,I dont know how I'll be able to keep from somehow getting my car out early next year so I can get these new Brodix heads on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts