Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the afternoon at my buddy's shop with my new Brodix Race Rite Heads and a die grinder.I got the rectangular port heads with the CNC option.This gets the combustion chamber polished,the valve bowls cleaned up,a multi angle valve job and the intake ports gasket matched..I smoothed the sharp edges where the porting work met the valve seats and the casting,I also smoothed around the spark plug threads and the edge of the combustion chamber.I'm hoping these will really make a big difference in the performance of my big block Chevy,as well as a few other goodies I have lined up for a rebuild this year !! A custom ground solid roller cam,.668 gross lift,243/249 duration @ .050 on a 112 degree LSA is on order.New Speed Pro/TRW L2465F60 forged pistons with all sharp edges smoothed and the rough surface polished ,with Speed Pro plasma Moly rings, are going in.The new heads are going to be treated to a Crane Sportsman shaft rocker arm assembly,and if they ever arrive a set of Schubeck Racing's no needle bearing Roller X lifters are going in too.All new ARP fasteners are going to be used as well,I wont spend any more time worrying about rod bolts possibly breaking.There wont be much LS-6 left after I'm done this year .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts