Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read post on the forum/site for a while and decided to join.
I have a unique car that I'm working on,part truck really.

I know some of you don't like Rat Rod style vehicles,but I love they way they look. As long as they are mechanically sound I see no reason why all types of "Rods" can't be enjoyed. I often find these type of vehicles more interesting by and large than the mega buck show cars that will never see the street.

Anyways here's what I have at the moment.
It's going to be styled after a late 30s to 50s Indy /Grand Prix/Dirt track race car. I have the fuel cell,seat,nose and raw panel material to start with.

The frame is I believe 66' or 67' Datsun pick-up in decent shape. The drive train is 1984 Nissan/Datsun 2wd pick-up(frame was rusted out). I still have to find a shop I trust to narrow the rear of the frame since it is now being turned into a single seat car.

It was supposed to have a 2.4L,but someone must have switched it out with a 2.0L. The larger engine would've been nice,but it is what it is.

This is going to be a big under taking and time consuming project as I have a couple other ongoing projects as well(vintage Aluminum boat and 72 Hodaka Cafe road race bike).

Thanks for you time! I may ask some questions from time to time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.