Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, I'm new & not sure how this works.
I live north of Seattle & have been into cars & motorcycles my whole life. I now have several each. I talked my dad into taking me to the drags when I was a young boy, back when top fuel did about 200 mph. (long ago) I go to the nationals every year in Seattle & have been to the nationals in Vegas, Pamona & Gainsville. I've also been to races at Laguna seca & Indy. I watch most motor sports on tv. I'm a SPEED freak & a gear head.
The reason I'm here right now is I need help with info on a particular 1916 Ford C cab. I'm told the car was built in the LA area in the late 70's & spent it's time with different owners in so cal since. It is red with fairly involved blue pin stripes & is signed on the back "Schartel 79". There's lots of brass, a thick brass firewall & custom 3 piece alum-brass valve covers on a small block Chev. It's completely finished & looks like it could have been a show car 25 years ago. This car is on a web site for a shop in Cal. It says all kinds of things like it's been in the movies & that George Barris built it & so on. When I called them to ask how they know these things the guy said it was common knowledge. Not much help! There site is hiperf.net, enter the tune up shop & scroll down to recent visitors. There are a bunch of pics with notes.
Any help would be great! Thanks, Mark

·
Lost in the 60's
15,247 Posts
Welcome....We are glad to have you here at Hotrodders. Lots of opinions, advice, info, and even some good natured fun on this site so jump on in the waters fine! :welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks 4 the welcome guys !
Poncho62...... The C cab is in my garage, & you are right, It's a 70's car with newer wheels. I want to know more about it, who built it & where it's been. It's past seems to be shrouded in mystery and rumor.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site 1916 ford c cab. :welcome: Looks familiar but I can't place it from anywhere in particular. Definitely 70's with all the button tufting. Could be a Barris car. He liked to smooth his bodies in the 70's. I would think it was built for the show circuit and not the street although it may have ended up there.

Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts