Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jon Totty
I am in Lexington, KY
i have recently finished my conversion of my 88 Fiero GT to a 95 Cadillac Northstar w/ 272 cams, Holley Commander 950, 4t80E Tranny w/ PCS Tranny Controller. Hot Car that i am putting the finishing touches on..

Good to be here and look forward to it..

Thanks,
Jon

·
Lost in the 60's
15,247 Posts
Welcome aboard...We are glad to have you with us here at Hotrodders. :welcome:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Welcome to the board Totty :welcome:

Post some pictures of that conversion, better yet start a journal, that has to be one fun (scary) ride. :evil: :pimp:

Steve

·
Super Moderator
18,357 Posts
welcome Jon....sounds interesting...........Good thing you used your last name as a screen name instead of your first.............it would lead to a whole lot of confusion.................. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have several pics: but now way to host them. as far as the project goes, i have been like a 7 year old on christmas morning. fired the motor up last week and now i am waiting on axles and an exhaust. i can't wait to drive it..it was my first car (my dad bought it new and when i turned 16 i got it) and i really have a true bond with it. he got to hear it run for the first time yesterday (he is 2 hours away) and he was so excited..truely a joyful experience..

·
Super Moderator
18,357 Posts
Go to the top of this page and click on "Photo Gallery"....You can upload them there.

Or...you can attach them down below....if they are in youe computer

·
Buick Hybrid Guy.
255 Posts
Welcome... I'm kinda new here too.

I do have a question for ya though... what bolt pattern is the North star engine? BOP or CHevy transmission bell housing? I've got a North Star avalible to me that I'm thinking of using in a 67 Chevelle wagon but I don't know what to expect on the transmission issue...? :confused:
Chevy I'd be using a 700R and BOP I'd use the 200R4

Thanks for any help. Scott~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i belive the 700r4 will work. the man you need to talk to is Allen @ chrfab.com

he would be able to tell you. a lot of that is going to depend on what year you are using and if the starter is still under the intake. i am not sure if they ever changed that on the truck model cadillacs or not...

good luck

·
Buick Hybrid Guy.
255 Posts
I'm thinking it is in the middle of the intake as you said.

It's out of a front wheel drive caddy. Still has trans and axel shafts attatched. ECM and harness too.

Thanks for the info.. I'll shoot him a e-mail.
~Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts