Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a 1949 Ford F-1 that my Dad bought in 1968. Not much of a hotrod, still has the original flathead V-8 and the sheetmetal will be stock.

The hood, doors and fenders went to the paint shop last week. A lot of work around the cab is still underway, should have it on the road in about 6 months.

It's running 12 volt with alternator, AC, cruise control, heated seats, fiberglass front springs, front disc brakes, 9" Ford rear axle and a few other things.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see what pictures I can dig up. Not much to look at right now, up on stands with no front axle. Hood, fenders and doors are absent. Just a very dusty cab with no interior.

By the end of the week I should have the spring hangers drawn up for the fabricator. That's the technical way of saying I'll have the metal shop put two 90* bends in a piece of 1/4" plate and drill four holes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
geezer69 said:
welcome :welcome: i like the idea of them heated seats!!!
These eastern Montana winters made a believer out of me, 18* this morning and it will be nothing but colder until the end of January.

The upholstery shop said it was no problem to put the heating elements in. Just be sure to run a big ole' power wire while the floor carpet is out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.