Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was telling me about this new style MC & booster combo that is compact, and possible does not even really look like your typical set up. He does not remember the manufacturer's name or where he even saw it. Typical of him. From what he says it is for street rods to muscle cars and works well with your existing brakes and lines, of course the lines have to be modified.

I am interested in it, but can't find it searching the internet, or is it because I do not have any patience. Let me know if you have heard of it too, or know where I can see it.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
734 Posts
41willys said:
My dad was telling me about this new style MC & booster combo that is compact, and possible does not even really look like your typical set up. He does not remember the manufacturer's name or where he even saw it. Typical of him. From what he says it is for street rods to muscle cars and works well with your existing brakes and lines, of course the lines have to be modified.

I am interested in it, but can't find it searching the internet, or is it because I do not have any patience. Let me know if you have heard of it too, or know where I can see it.

Thanks,

Jason
I don't know of the unit your are trying to describe but MPBrakes.Com is a pretty popular site for getting brake supplies.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
May be You're thinking of a hydrobooster? They run off the P.S. pump, and are fairly compact compared to most vacuum boosters.

·
Blowin' it
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it wasn't a hydroboost set up, in fact, it really does not look like a master cylinder and booster combo at all. It was like not having a booster. Supposedly works like that combo normally would but very compact. Heck I do not know, I will keep searching, and post if I can find it.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
734 Posts
41willys said:
No, it wasn't a hydroboost set up, in fact, it really does not look like a master cylinder and booster combo at all. It was like not having a booster. Supposedly works like that combo normally would but very compact. Heck I do not know, I will keep searching, and post if I can find it.

Thanks,

Jason
I'm wondering if you're talking about master cylinder with an electric booster that I have seen in some of the trade rags the last few years?

I've also seen master cylinders with remote resevouirs(?)...

The MPBrakes.Com link should have either of these 2 setups to look at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts