Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used this forum for info over the years and decided to join about 6 months back. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the great information that's been posted here.
A couple of pics of my cars:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Here's a little info on my rides:

First off, the 1939 Ford Deluxe was not my build but was a car I had always wanted but never thought I could afford. As luck would have it for once in my life, I was in the right place at the right time. It's a 4 year frame-off restoration, rotisseried body and the chassis and drivetrain restored with updates. It's powered by a built 1948 59ab Flathead bored to 3 5/16". It has an aluminum 2 carb intake with aluminum Edelbrock heads and MSD ignition. It has balanced engine internals with a 3/4 cam as well as headers and stainless steel exhaust.

A good friend added some artwork in a VonDutch flying eyeball twist:

...and a fine line pinstripe:

The 1957 Ford Fairlane 500, was mostly built as a Kustom when I bought it down south. I hated the quad lights and the tube grill, but loved the rear roll pan and Pontiac bumpers rather than the "step-n-tow" style factory bumper. I also raised the car an inch all the way around during the process.

I cut out the quad lights and spliced in a set of original factory buckets and brought the front end back to original. I also got rid of the "milled" hood emblem and replaced it with an original and added the front Fairlane script and the rear og trunk emblem.

It was supposed to be a 312 Y block, but it's a "C" code car , so I think it's a 292; I'll know when I tear it down in a few years.

The 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco was one of many I have built since my first vehicle, a 1966 Bronco when I was 14. It has a 351 and was basically stock when I bought it, w/E4OD, 1356 T-case, I added a trussed Currie 9" w/5:43's, Detroit Locker, Strange 35 spline axles, custom Trans. mount/cage, custom radius arm brackets. Up frontt I did 30 spline manual hubs on a Desolate Cut-N-Turn TTB housings w/Uni-Balls , w/5:38's and Tru-Trac and RCV axles. 44" Mudders, custom 15"x15" Weld Racing wheels & too much lift, custom built aluminum front bumper and all the other crazy **** I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.