Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Hello...and welcome...tell me more about your 37 Chevy truck...What part of Saskatchewan...Used to live there myself...Also more info on your Comet GT. There's a fellow posting today for a 67 Chevy console lid...maybe check that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37 and comet GT from Saskatchewan

Yorkton
The 37 is pretty beat up as it was the farm work truck
fenders were stichwelded together numerous times after run ins with trees cattle,etc. and some little puke shot the cab full of holes with a 22 and shot all the glass out too at some point after it was parked in the bush in 1959
all there except for the grille and drivers interior steel door panel and handles and air cleaner
the GT was wrapped around a pole in the early 80's so my son is stripping it out and will use the drivetrain for the 37. will make for an interesting ride.
Anyone working on a hudson super six out there?

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Cool...I bought a 37 Chevy 1/2 ton in Southern Manitoba in 1973, farm truck all it was ever used for was hauling grain from one farm to the next, 34,000 original miles on it. I still have every year of registration from 1937 until 1969 when it was parked...I remember I bought it on February 2nd (ground hogs day) and it was still cold outside. The guy I bought it from dug it out of the snow bank so I could get a good look at it, brought the battery inside over night and charged it...I drove it home. The price $112.50.

I had the truck for 2 years, never got around to doing anything to it. One day I got a phone call from a fellow in North Dakota and asked if I wanted to sell it...I thought to myself, I'll ask way to much and the guy is going to go away...$2,500.00...he didn't flinch and came in the next day with cash....I thought it was strange that he bought it site unseen until I found out that the owner of the building that I was storing it in was related and he set up the deal.

$2,500 back then was a lot of money but the truck was super clean and it's one of those things that I'm kicking myself for to this day.

So what part of Saskatchewan are you from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have had many of those should have kept them kick myself moments in the last many decades
Bought 5- 70 1/2 Camaros and a 72 chevelle for $300.00 together as a package deal and then lost my storage so had to give them up.
the wrecker just laughed as he took them away.
We are located in East Central district or the Parkland of sask
we are about 45 mins away from Roblin Manitoba
2 hours east of regina and 3.5 hours drive southEast of Saskatoon

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
OK, I used to live in Saskatoon, I know what you mean, I've had so many old 1st Gen Camaro's and Firebirds in my younger days that I virtually gave away or plain destroyed but 5 70 1/2 and 72 WOW that had to hurt.

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Sorry I didn't see Yorkton on your original reply...I know, it was the first thing you wrote. I used to deal with a Brother owned Chrysler dealership there, East side of town...The younger brother was also the painter in the Body Shop...can't remember the Name, well that was 12 -13 years ago..now that name is going to bother me all night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts