Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanted to introduce myself... my name's Brian. I've owned a '67 Cougar for quite a while but I just sold it and am starting work on a '40-'41 Plymouth. (The guy I bought it from says it's a '40 but the grille looks like a '41 to me.) I'm planning on using the 392 stroker that was in my Cougar w/ a C6 and Winters quickchange rear.

I've helped with a few old hot rod builds (my brother has a '37 Ford pickup rat) but this build will be a little bit more ambitious than any I've worked on so far. I'm looking forward to asking a ton of annoying questions...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be picking the car up on Saturday and I plan on documenting the whole build for all to see (i noticed there is some sort of build "journal" feature on this site which is very cool).

I've been catching a lot of flak from my buddies for planning on using a Ford motor in it... although they will admit using a Chevy would be fine. What do you guys think about that? My thoughts are that it's gonna be a hot rod and the point is to use parts you already have.

I also read on this site that the Winters quickchange I was planning on using would be way to loud for cruising, so I'm already learning from you guys. I have a ford 9" I think I'll use instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.