Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pro/Street Enthusiast
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick note to say Hi and I'm glad to be joining you guys here. I've come across this forum several times after doing engine searches about "High Performace" related questions,.....so, I figured I might as well join in on some of the conversations.

I'm including a few pictures of my '72 Camaro so that you have an idea of what kind of cars I'm into. Anyway, I look forward to joining the "Hotrodders.com" family and offering up my .02 cents from time to time. :mwink:

**EDIT** I've added a few detials about the car down in post #8

·
NEVER SATISFIED !!
1,947 Posts
Welcome to HR.com.

I had a 68 Camaro. I've never liked the later body styles..........until now !!

That's really cool. I love the primer !

Is it a race-car or Pro-Street ?

What does it say on the top of the windshield?

Any other info you could add would be nice.

454 RATTLER

·
Pro/Street Enthusiast
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for all the comments guys! :thumbup:

454 Rattler said:
Welcome to HR.com.

I had a 68 Camaro. I've never liked the later body styles..........until now !!

That's really cool. I love the primer !

Is it a race-car or Pro-Street ?

What does it say on the top of the windshield?

Any other info you could add would be nice.

454 RATTLER
Yep, as "Eric" mentioned, "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown". I seen that on a t-shirt one time and thought it would look good on my windshield.

It's actually been retired as a full-time drag car for a while,....so now I have it licensed with all the lights and everything working. So yeah, I consider more Pro/Street than Race Car. Basically it's a weekend warrior!

Without getting too specific, here's a few details about it:

468ci Big Block Chevy
Scat Forged Crank & Rods
Crane Solid-Roller Cam, Lifters, Gold Rockers & Stud Girdles
Weiand 8-71 Blower (2.8% Underdriven)
Holley 750 Double Pumpers (Blower Referenced)
N0S Plate System (Wet) with a "Pro-Shot" Solenoid (325HP)
Powerglide w/Hughes 4000 Converter
Narrowed 9" with a 4.88 Locker
Strange 35 Spline Axles
4 Wheel Disc Brakes (Wilwood)
Art Morrison Rear Frame & Ladder Bars
Competition Engineering Coilovers & Wheelie Bars
15x15 & 15x3.5 Weld Draglites ~ 32x17.50 ET Streets
12pt Roll Cage, Custom Dash w/Auto Meter Gauges

Etc...Etc...Etc

Arch

·
NEVER SATISFIED !!
1,947 Posts
Thanks for the updates.
I keep coming back to view these pictures. I love that primer....Evil..Mean and Nasty !!!!
I hope it's not too far between gas stations !
Back in the day...I could cruise all night with my 427-L88 68 Camaro on $10.00. Those were the days !!

454 RATTLER

·
Pro/Street Enthusiast
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
454 Rattler said:
Thanks for the updates.
I keep coming back to view these pictures. I love that primer....Evil..Mean and Nasty !!!!
I hope it's not too far between gas stations !
Back in the day...I could cruise all night with my 427-L88 68 Camaro on $10.00. Those were the days !!

454 RATTLER
Actually it's not primer,......it's a Satin Black paint that was sprayed on about 12 years ago. (Except for the hood ~ that's rattle can) If you like that "Shiny Flat Black" look, the best thing to use is PPG Satin Black. It's about the darkest, shiny flat black there is. Eventually I'm gonna be painting this car bright Silver w/Black stripes.

On the gas issue......yeah, I remember those days pretty well. That was back when they still had leaded gas though. (.79 cents a Gallon) This one actually gets about 4-5 mpg if I'm not laying into the converter too much. (It probably gets 1 or 2 when I'm out there playing) :evil:

Right now it's a crap shoot because I only have a 10 Gal. fuel cell with no sending unit. That's gonna change next week though as I just bought a new 20 Gal. Aluminum cell with a sender. Once I get that and my new fuel gauge installed, I'll finally know how much gas I have at all times. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.